Tuesday, January 13, 2009

tuesday january 6th

The second half of irony of fate was still enjoyable just like the first part. I think the second half was predictable hence the title irony of fate. Throughout the second half Ippolit and Zhenya provided a lot of comedy such as the arguments they shared and of course Ippolit's driving skills. I found it interesting that in this half Nadya tells Zhenya how Ippolit has been married for ten years and she is only allowed to see him on the weekends. The film ends like a typical american love story because Nadya and Zhenya end up falling in love. Zenyha, his mother, and his friends become shocked when they see Nadya in moscow. I think Nadya deserves to be happy because I don't believe Ippolit treated her with respect especially because he had a wife. Overall, I really enjoyed this movie because it gave me a great idea of what places were like in russia and how significant the new year celebration was for them. 
When I first read the book by Kenez I realized it was going to be a synopsis of early russian cinema. Kenez explains how it developed and that people were interested in cinema before it was even done being created. From the description provided by Kenez one was able to tell that cinema was going to be internationally known. 

No comments:

Post a Comment