Sunday, January 25, 2009

Little Vera

WOW! This movie was crazy! While watching this movie I really did not even know what to think at first. This gave a totally different look on Russian lifestyle. Before we started watching this I kind of thought it was going to be like Irony of Fate or Burnt by the Sun but, I was really wrong. This family was crazy and at some points I felt really bad for Vera. I think her dad, some raging insane alcoholic, had a big impact on the poor decisions she made in her life. I hated the sex scenes that the movie displayed which showed Vera was out of control. Although, her dad was crazy she shouldn't have been as crazy as him! Another thing I found crazy was how her dad stabbed her fiance. Also, the amount of alcohol everyone was drinkning was so crazy. I feel like the alcohol consumption is related to a lot of the Russian people. It seems as if everyone can have a ful glass of straight vodka and smell or eat something after they drink it and it is normal. Overall, I really did not enjoy this movie because it was so crazy and Vera's family and lifestyle was so depressing!

1 comment:

  1. And this effect is, I think precisely what Pichul is trying to create with this film. There is so much depressing truth to be found in this film...and the fact that it presents no easy solutions makes it (at least in my opinion) all the more realistic.

    And you're right, there is a bit of a difference in the way things go than there is in *Irony of Fate*, isn't there? :>)

    ReplyDelete