Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ivan the Great Response

Ivan the Great describes Russian history well. I found the costumes and people in this movie very interesting to watch and analyze. I thought Ivan was a little scary looking with his beard and how he came back from death. This movie very well describes the way the Royal Russians were treated by other civilians and other people. Although I found this film very confusing and hard to understand which characters were which. I also didn't understand why the man poisoned Ivan's wife and killed her. I think in general Ivan was very brave and a man with heart and courage to have the best for Moscow. This movie is very hard to follow as well and although I am having difficulty understanding this film, I am anxious to see what will happen in Part 2.  

2 comments:

  1. I believe that in order to attempt to bring down Ivan's moral the Boyar killed his wife.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though keep in mind that's a WOMAN who poisons her (Vladimir's mother Efrosiniya, that is)!

    ReplyDelete