Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Circus

As each day goes on I find that each character becomes more developed and the quality of the movies keep increasing. I really enjoyed watching Orlova in the film who played Marion Dixon. I really enjoyed watching Marion who was a well rounded character with great acrobatic skills. When she first performed the cannonball scene I did not think it was going to be sucessful but then it was a great outcome. The couple Rayechka and Skamejkin had a great relationship and provided a lot of humor throughout the entire movie. My favorite scene was at the end of the movie when they announced to the circus that the woman had a black child. The man tried to explain to everyone that the white woman having a black child was a racial crime which was totally absurd. Then they started to pass the child around to each member of the audience to keep him from the outraged man. Then I do not quite recall the mans name who explained that you  can have a child that is black, white, purple, blue even pink with stripes but this was my favorite line of the movie. I think the director did a good job overall including making all of the main characters well rounded and keeping the audience interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment