Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ballad of a Soldier Response

At first I thought this film was going to be an intense war film but then i realized it really was not. Although I received a good view of what Russia was like during World War II the film was more of a love story. Aloysha's and Shura's relationship was what kept me interested in this movie. Another thing that made this movie come off as a love story is when Aloysha went to give the gift to one of his friends who is also a soldier and found that his fiance was cheating on him with another man. I really enjoyed how Aloysha snuck Shura around with him all the time. This movie really made me think about the life of a soldier and how a lot of people are affected by it. Aloysha's mother was one of the characters in the movie i really felt bad for. When the man drove him to look for her he had to go search for her in the fields. The mom expected him to stay for dinner but he was only to stay for a shirt period of time. I think anyone not just Russians would appreciate this film because they would get the feel for a soldier's life. Overall I really enjoyed this movie but I do not really think it reflects communism or the Soviet Union.

No comments:

Post a Comment