Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Mirror

The Mirror, written by Tarkovsky, was a really confusing film and watching it alone did not make it any better. The movie did not have a set plot but it seemed like he added many images or clips that flowed well together. Although the movie jumped around a lot it seemed like all of these images had meaning to Tarkovsky’s life. Most of the images that jumped back and forth seemed like they might have had a lot of meaning to him but none to me. One of the reoccurring images throughout the film that I noticed was a set of hands. I wish I could elaborate o the different images of the hands but I do not know what point or idea Tarkovsky was trying to portray. I really enjoyed how Tarkovsky used black and white and also color in this film. In my perspective Tarkovsky is a genius because I was not really able to understand his film. I really enjoy seeing the images of his life, news footage and also childhood images.

No comments:

Post a Comment