Thursday, January 22, 2009

Moscow Does Not Believe in Tears

Moscow Does Not Believe in Tears, was overall a great movie that I really enjoyed watching. This movie gave me a feel of the personalities of different Russians and also the various classes of people. I found it funny how the women who lived in the workers dormitory tried so hard to pretend that they were something else. They really went out of their way to pretend that they were intelligent especially by going to the library. They always had great plans but also had to make up so many lies to go around their plans. The lying began when they stayed at the Professor's apartment and had all of the men over. I don't think that they should have pretended that they were something they were not just to get higher class men to like them. One thing that really surprised me was when Katya found out she was pregnant. Rudolph's response and also his mothers really surprised me. In part two of the film I would have reacted the same way as Katya and would have not allowed Rudolph to see Alexandra. He did not want anything to do with her while she was really young so, he should not want to be with her now. I think that Gosha was helpful with Alexandra especially when the group of men were trying to mess with her boyfriend. I also enjoyed the ending because I did not think that Katya and Gosha were going to end up together but, I was happy that they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment