Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Thursday January 8th

Battleship Potemkim
Today we watched another silent film, but this one was created by Sergei Eisenstein, Battleship Potemkim, and was much more interesting than the others. This film showed many different shots and angles unlike Bauer's silent film. I found myself more interested in this silent film rather than the ones Bauer created, because there was more acting and action. One of the scenes that really caught my attention was when the sailors were gathered the meat. The doctor said the meat was perfectly fine even though the camera shows maggots crawling all over it. Another scene I found interesting was when all of the people were rushing down the stairs away from the soldiers. It looked like there were a great amount of people involved in making this film. I felt really bad for the little boy who was laying on the stairs and people were stepping on him and he started to bleed all over. I also felt bad for the baby in the stroller who was rolling down the stairs, although it didn't look very realistic. There was a huge transformation in the directing of both films. 

No comments:

Post a Comment