Monday, January 26, 2009

Brother

I really enjoyed watching the film Brother because of various reasons. First off, it reminded me of an American movie such as The Godfather because of all of the killings and violence. Sergei Bordov truly fulfilled the role of his character,Danila, by being so violent but yet still being able to have normal qualities. For example, how he was so into listening to music and I think used as a way to set his mind free from reality. I felt really bad for him in the beginning of the movie when the only thing he wanted to know was the name of the song "Whistle" and the director was so rude and he was beaten up. I think a lot of his skills he used to survive were thanks to serving in the war. I was really amazed how he created his own gun and used the nail heads as the bullets. The one specific part of this movie that really kept me on edge was when the "creep" had his Danila's brother  held hostage and Danila called him. I was really nervous that when Danila walked in they were going to kill him but I was totally wrong. Another thing I really liked about Danila was how he always kept his word. Once in the middle of the movie to the Radio one director and another time at the end when he told one of the men not to move and he didn't kill him because of that.

1 comment:

  1. I know just how you feel. The first time I watched the film I was certain he was not going to make it out of that trap by going to see his brother. It also surprised me a lot at the beginning when he knocks the guy down to protect German. Up to that point it's easy to assume that he's way over his head in this new, big unfamiliar city.

    Hope you get a chance to visit "Piter" as well as Moskva this summer! :>)

    ReplyDelete